Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

On this cold, windy Black Friday, as I avoid the crazy shoppers at all costs, I am thankful for my horse and her persistent spirit. After less than two weeks of pasture rest and groundwork, she is steadily improving. The last time I free schooled her, she trotted energetically right from the start and even cantered a few times. Sofie was feeling quite sassy at one point and stomped the arena footing with her front feet, demonstrating that she could easily take me down. Ooh, I'm really scared, Sofa. Nothing is more terrifying than a large pony that resembles living room furniture, am I right?

I'm thankful that this horse is so good at coping, and that her considerable issues have not dimmed her personality. Mostly, I'm thankful for my horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment